Why do we even have certifications?
We started without certifications but focused on enhancing and building skills in leaders because we saw a gap between theory and concrete practice in this space.
There are three main reasons why we introduced certificates:
- Our customers requested it. It’s that simple. Many want proof of skills acquired in the form of a certificate.
- We want leadership to be recognized as a craft, not a (god-given) position.
- We want to encourage people to apply their knowledge in real life, and to get a certificate, you have to do just that.
Criteria for getting certification
It should not be easy to become certified. Our certification is not evidence of having taken a class; it’s evidence that you can apply your new skills in real life.
The main criteria are:
- A certified trainer runs the training
- You have at least 80% attendance
- You understand the concepts and why they work
- You have demonstrated that you can apply these concepts in your real-life workplace