Why it matters
Why it matters
If your organization wants to improve measurably using data or wants to improve the reliability of forecasts and multiple team planning, this workshop is an ideal starting point.
This combines the Forecasting and Planning using Data and the Agile Metrics using Data workshop for a 2-day masterclass in using data for team coaching, organizational improvement and planning.
- How much data do we need to forecast?
- Forecasting 101 – thinking models about prediction
- Monte Carlo Forecasting
- Estimating the initial size and scope growth
- Determining the delivery pace for new and existing teams
- Prioritization – ordering for value delivery
- Risk Management and dealing with system factors
Problems and examples discussed and solved during the workshop include:
- How to forecast what will fit into a fixed delivery timeframe (e.g. sprint, release, quarter)
- How to predict the flow rate through a development and delivery process
- How to forecast how long a project will take using range estimates or historical data
- How to manage dependencies between teams to reliably predict
- How to estimate the remaining defect counts and ways to assess release readiness
- Learn the pros and cons of different forecasting techniques.
- Learn how to use data to forecast and how much data is needed.
- Learn how to perform Monte Carlo forecasting and why.
- Learn how to estimate work size and delivery pace ranges quickly.
- Learn what system factors play a role in forecasting.
On Site Trainings
2 x 4-hour sessions